The House from a circa 1911 postcard
Built / Designed For: Simon Gorges
House & Family History: During World War II Wraxall Court was used as a convalescent home by the British Admiralty; after the war ended the University of Bristol used the House as a hall of residence. Wraxall returned to use as a private residence in the 1950s.
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Simon Gorges, 17th century. John Codrington, 18th century. Sir Richard Warwick Bampfylde, 4th Bt., 18th century; Charles Bampfylde, early 19th century. Philip Prothero, early 19th century. Sir John Hugh Smyth, early 19th century. Thomas Upton, mid-19th century. T. Rudding Davey, 1911-39. Mr T. Lucas, 1950s.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No