Earlier Houses: The current house occupies the site of an early 18th century house, parts of which were incorporated into the current house.
Built / Designed For: Sir Charles Ogle, 2nd Bt.
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: William Evelyn, 1725-73. Sir Chaloner Ogle, 1st Bt., 1773-1816. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Sir Charles Ogle, 2nd Bt., 1820-25. Samuel Wall, early 19th century; Wall family here until circa 1878. Captain C G. Fryer, late 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: School
Primary Current Ownership Use: School
Ownership Details: Prince’s Mead School since 1999.