The House from a circa 1915 postcard
Earlier Houses: There was at least one earlier house on, or near, the site of the current house.
House & Family History: Woolley Hall was owned by Wakefiled Council between 1947 and 2015. During the council's ownership the House was used as a college and an events venue.
Architect: Jeffry Wyatville (Wyattville) (Wyatt)Date: 1820
Architect: Charles WatsonDate: 1807-14
Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - SOFTBACK
Author: Colvin, Howard
Year Published: 1995
Reference: pgs. 470, 1025, 1031, 1132
Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
Book Type: Softback
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Sir William de Notton, 14th century. Sir William Fyncheden, 14th century. John Woodrove, 14th century. Robert Popeley, 15th century. Sir Richard Woodrove, 15th century. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Michael Wentworth, 17th century; Godfrey Wentworth, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Unknown
Primary Current Ownership Use: Unoccupied
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No