DiCamillo Companion
England

Woodbury Hall

  • Earlier Houses: There was a 17th century house on the site of the current house.

    Built / Designed For: The Rev. William Wilkieson

    House & Family History: Philip Tilden remodeled the house in 1931. With Basil Spence as architect, three stories were reduced to two stories and most of the south-projecting service wing was demolished.

  • Architect: Philip Tilden

    Date: 1931
    Designed: Remodeled House

    View all houses

    Architect: Basil Spence

    Designed: Reduced 3-story House to 2 stories

    View all houses
  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Not Listed

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: The Rev. William Wilkieson. Richard Astell.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No