Earlier Houses: There was a 17th century house on the site of the current house.
Built / Designed For: The Rev. William Wilkieson
House & Family History: Philip Tilden remodeled the house in 1931. With Basil Spence as architect, three stories were reduced to two stories and most of the south-projecting service wing was demolished.
Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Not Listed
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: The Rev. William Wilkieson. Richard Astell.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No