House & Family History: The south wing was added in 1812. The Entrance Façade was remodeled in 1872, when the right portion of Witchingham was lowered to two stories and two bays and paneling from Kirstead Hall was installed. The interior features a circa 1609 fireplace that came from Bacon's House, Colegate, Norwich.
Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Not Listed
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Offices
Ownership Details: B.T. Matthews owns the House and uses its grounds for his turkey business.
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No