DiCamillo Companion

Willoughby Hall

  • House & Family History: Willoughby was occupied by the British Army during World War II. Numbers were painted on the roof and used by the RAF to practice bombing in their Mosquitoes, which, of course, destroyed the House.

    Comments: "The house was damaged by the army to the point of offensiveness."

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The Stableblock of 1876 is extant.

  • Architect: William Watkins

    Date: 1873
    Designed: House

    View all houses

    Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: 1876
    Designed: Stable block

    View all houses
  • Title: No Voice From the Hall: Early Memories of a Country House Snooper
    Author: Harris, John
    Year Published: 1998
    Publisher: London: John Murray
    ISBN: 0719555671
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No