The British Empire Exhibition at Wembley Park from a 1924 postcard
Earlier Houses: Before the Dissolution of the Monasteries there were buildings on the site that belonged to the Priory of Kilburn. In the 18th century the existing house, Wellers, was rebuilt and renamed Wembley Park.
House & Family History: The British Empire Exhibition was held at Wembley Park between April 23, 1924 and October 31, 1925. Today's Wembley Stadium (opened in 2007) is on the site of the original Wembley Stadium, which was demolished between 2002 and 2003.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Richard Page, 18th century; Page family here from the 16th century until the early 19th century. John Gray, 1802-28; Gray family here until 1887. Sir Edward William Watkin, 1st Bt., late 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No