DiCamillo Companion

Wembley Park (Wembley Park Mansion) (Wellers) (The White House)

  • Earlier Houses: Before the Dissolution of the Monasteries there were buildings on the site that belonged to the Priory of Kilburn. In the 18th century the existing house, Wellers, was rebuilt and renamed Wembley Park.

    House & Family History: The British Empire Exhibition was held at Wembley Park between April 23, 1924 and October 31, 1925. Today's Wembley Stadium (opened in 2007) is on the site of the original Wembley Stadium, which was demolished between 2002 and 2003.

  • Architect: Humphry Repton

    Date: 1790s
    Designed: Landscaping for Richard Page

    View all houses
  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Richard Page, 18th century; Page family here from the 16th century until the early 19th century. John Gray, 1802-28; Gray family here until 1887. Sir Edward William Watkin, 1st Bt., late 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No