DiCamillo Companion
England

Tyrells Hall

  • House & Family History: The Tyrrell family owned the House in 1428, the Petres owned Tyrells Hall in the 17th century, the Coxalls owned the House in the 18th century. The Woodham family owned the House from 1759 until the 20th century. The present owner bought the House in 1970.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The Stableblock probably dates from the 18th century.

  • Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: Circa 18th century
    Designed: Stable block

    View all houses
  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Not Listed

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Current Seat / Home of: Colonel Peter Storie-Pugh; here since 1970.

    Past Seat / Home of: Tyrrell family, 15th century. Petre family, 17th century. Coxall family, 18th century. Woodham family, 1759 until the 20th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

    Ownership Details: The House has been owned by Colonel Peter Storie-Pugh since 1970.

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No