DiCamillo Companion

Tollerton Hall (Roclaveston Manor)

  • House & Family History: In 1929 Tollerton Hall was converted into a residential sports club and hotel. During World War II the House was requisitioned by the government and used by British and American armed forces for training for the D-Day landings. In 1944 (after D-Day) Tollerton was used a prisoner of war camp for German and Italian soldiers. After the military decamped, the House was left vacant and decaying. In 1948 Tollerton was purchased by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nottingham, who opened a boys’ boarding school, St. Hugh's College, in the House. The school closed in 1986 and the house was converted to offices.

  • House Listed: Grade II

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Pendock Neale Barry, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Corporation

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Offices

    Ownership Details: Today headquarters of The Oval Group

  • House Open to Public: No

    Phone: 01376-574-200

    Historic Houses Member: No