Earlier Houses: Old Hall
Built / Designed For: Elwin family
House & Family History: The Elwin family founded the House in the 16th century. James Gay purchased the House circa 1820. The Gay family owned the House until circa 1945. Near the House is stands the old hall.
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. II, p. 84, 1853.
Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Elwin family. Gay family, until circa 1945.
Current Ownership Type: Unknown
Primary Current Ownership Use: Unknown
House Open to Public: Unknown
Historic Houses Member: No