House & Family History: The Cedars was part of a development of four small country houses (Old Palace House, The Cedars, Cecil House, and Jackson's School), built circa 1765-70, in an area known as Theobalds Square. This was near the site of Theobalds (William Cecil's house, destroyed during the Commonwealth); none of these houses are extant today. The Cedars was damaged by fire in the early 20th century and left unreconstructed.
Garden & Outbuildings: The former grounds of The Cedars survive today as a public park and include an 18th century ornamental lake formed from the New River.
House Listed: Not Listed
Park Listed: Not Listed
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
Ownership Details: The grounds today are a public park.
House Open to Public: Grounds Only
Historic Houses Member: No