House & Family History: Stubbers was sold in 1947 to the Essex Education Committee to be used as a youth center. The House was demolished in 1960.
Garden & Outbuildings: Former owner William Coys was a botanist who maintained walled gardens on the grounds.
Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: Russell-Branfill family, 1689-1945. William Coys, 20th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No