DiCamillo Companion

Stapleton Park

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The Stable interiors were noted for the paintings of horses that adorned the walls, some by John Frederick Herring.

  • Architect: William Cleave

    Date: Circa 1820
    Designed: Alterations, including Doric entrance portico

    View all houses

    Architect: John Carr

    Date: 1762-64
    Designed: Rebuilt House for 1st Earl of Harewood

    View all houses
  • Title: Lost Houses of the West Riding
    Author: Waterson, Edward; Meadows, Peter
    Year Published: 1998
    Reference: pg. 67
    Publisher: Yorkshire: Jill Raines
    ISBN: 0951649442
    Book Type: Softback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Destroyed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Edward Lascelles, 1st Earl of Harewood, 1762-89. Charles Philip Stourton, 17th Baron Stourton, 1789-1800. William Henry Francis, 11th Baron Petre, 19th century. Henry J. Hope-Barton, late 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No