DiCamillo Companion

Stainfield Hall (Stainfield House)

  • Earlier Houses: The first building on the site was Stainfield Priory, a Benedictine nunnery founded in the 12th century. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries the site was given to Sir Robert Tyrwhitt, who built Stainfield Hall on the site. This house was demolished in 1773.

  • Title: No Voice From the Hall: Early Memories of a Country House Snooper
    Author: Harris, John
    Year Published: 1998
    Publisher: London: John Murray
    ISBN: 0719555671
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Grade II

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT FIRST HOUSE: Sir Robert Tyrwhitt, 16th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No