Earlier Houses: A stone keep was built on the site in 1348 by Earl Ralph (one of the original members of the Order of the Garter), the construction of which cost him most of his wealth. An earlier structure was demolished to make way for the keep.
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Current Ownership Type: Government
Primary Current Ownership Use: Other
Ownership Details: Owned by Stafford Borough Council.
House Open to Public: Yes
Historic Houses Member: No