House & Family History: The Hedworths of Harraton owned Saltwell in the 16th century; the Hall and Maddison families owned the House in the 17th century. Joseph Dunn purchased Saltwell in 1792, dividing the Estate and keeping for himself the House and 110 acres. Some of the land was sold in 1903 to create Saltwell cemetery; at the same time Saltwell Hall was converted to an isolation hospital.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: Hedworth family, 16th century. Hall family, 17th century. Maddison family, 17th century. Joseph Dunn, late 18th-early 19th centuries.
Current Ownership Type: Unknown
Primary Current Ownership Use: Unknown
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No