DiCamillo Companion

Rycote House

  • Built / Designed For: Sir John Heron, Treasurer of the Chamber Henry VII and Henry VIII.

    House & Family History: Henry VIII and his fifth wife, Catherine Howard, honeymooned here in 1540.

    House Replaced By: Circa 1920 the Stables were converted into the current Rycote House.

  • Country Life: LXIII, 16, 1928.

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Sir John Heron, 16th century. John Williams, 1st Baron Williams of Thame, 16th century. Henry Norris, 1st Baron Norreys, 16th century. James Bertie, 1st Earl of Abingdon, 17th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No