House & Family History: Circa 1598 Sir Thomas Coney sold Ringston to Richard Brownlow (1553-1638), founder of the fortune that came to be associated with Belton Hall. Circa 1684, Brownlow's descendant, Sir John Brownlow, demolished Ringston Hall, using the materials for the building of his grand new house, Belton House (289 loads of stone, wood, and slate were taken from Ringston to Belton).
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat of: Sir Thomas Coney, Kt., 16th century. Sir John Brownlow, 3rd Bt., 17th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No