The house from "Morris's County Seats," circa 1875.
House & Family History: The Lechmere family left Rhydd Court in 1915, never to return. During the Great War the house was used as a Red Cross Hospital. After the war Rhydd Court was sold and became a boys' school. During World War II the house was home to London evacuees. Between 1952 and 1991 the house was the home of Rhydd Court School (later Cliffey House School), a home for children and adults with special needs that was closed amid accusations of sexual abuse. The house, together with 30 acres, was sold in 2004 for £2.2 million by Worcestershire County Council to Outcomes First Group, who today operate the house as a residential center for young autistic adults.
Architect: Richard InglemanDate: Circa 1820
Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - HARDBACK
Author: Colvin, Howard
Year Published: 2008
Reference: pg. 554
Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Not Listed
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Sir Anthony Lechmere, 1st Bt., early 19th century; Sir Edmund Hungerford Lechmere, 2nd Bt., 19th century; Lechmere family here from 1805 until 1915.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: School
Ownership Details: Since 2005 Options Malvern View, a home for young adults with autism.