DiCamillo Companion

Redlynch House (Redlynch Park)

  • Earlier Houses: There was at least one earlier house on the site of the 18th century house.

    Built / Designed For: Sir Stephen Fox

    House Replaced By: The current house was built in the early 20th century after suffragettes burned the 18th century house.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The 22 acres of grounds that surround the house today contain a lake and a summer house.

  • Architect: Thomas Fort

    Date: 1708-09
    Designed: House for Sir Stephen Fox

    View all houses

    Architect: Nathaniel Ireson

    Date: 1740-46
    Designed: Stables and alterations for 1st Earl of Ilchester

    View all houses
  • Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - HARDBACK
    Author: Colvin, Howard
    Year Published: 2008
    Reference: pgs. 386, 558
    Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
    ISBN: 9780300125085
    Book Type: Hardback

    Title: Times, The (London newspaper)
    Author: NA
    Year Published: NA
    Reference: Dec 2, 2001, pgs. 16-17
    Publisher: London: Times Newspapers Ltd.
    ISBN: NA
    Book Type: Newspaper

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Grade II

  • Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT 18TH CENTURY HOUSE: Sir Stephen Fox, 1709-16; Stephen Fox-Strangways, 1st Earl of Ilchester, 1716-76.

    Current Ownership Type: Flat Owners Company / Condo Association

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Flats / Multi Family

    Ownership Details: The early 20th century house has been divided into eight condo apartments

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No