Earlier Houses: There has been a house on, or near, the current house since the 15th century.
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, p. 92, 1855.
John Preston (J.P.) Neale, published under the title of Views of the Seats of Noblemen and Gentlemen in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. V, 1822.
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: John Pryse, 16th century; Sir Richard Pryse, 2nd Bt., 17th century; Sir Thomas Pryse, 3rd Bt., 17th century; Sir Carbery Pryse, 17th century; Lewis Pryse, 18th century; John Pugh Pryse, 18th century; Pryse Loveden, 19th century; Col. Sir Pryse Pryse, 19th century; Sir Pryse Loveden Saunders-Pryse, 5th Bt., 20th century; Pryse family here from the 15th century until 1949.
Current Ownership Type: School
Primary Current Ownership Use: Offices
Ownership Details: Today offices for Aberystwyth University
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No