DiCamillo Companion
England

Pampisford Hall (Pampsworth Hall)

  • Built / Designed For: William Parker Hamond

    House & Family History: William Parker owned the house from 1706-1890s. The south-east part of the House was enlarged circa 1830-1841. Goldie & Child added the staircase hall and dining room in the 1860s. The balustraded Doric entrance porch dates from 1867, and the addition of a new wing and ballroom occurred in 1922.

  • Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: Circa 1830-41
    Designed: Enlarged House

    View all houses

    Architect: Goldie & Child

    Date: 1860s
    Designed: Added Staircase Hall and Dining Room

    View all houses

    Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: 1867
    Designed: Balustraded Doric Entrance Porch

    View all houses

    Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: 1922
    Designed: Ballroom

    View all houses
  • John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. II, p. 20, 1853.

  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Grade II

    Park Listed: Grade II

  • Past Seat / Home of: William Parker Hamond, 19th century. J. Binney, 20th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No