House & Family History: Old Palace House was part of a development of four small country houses (Old Palace House, The Cedars, Cecil House, and Jackson's School), built circa 1765-70, in an area known as Theobalds Square. This was near the site of Theobalds (William Cecil's house, destroyed during the Commonwealth); none of these houses are extant today. Old Palace House was the last survivor; it burned down in 1968.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No