DiCamillo Companion

Neasham Hall

  • Earlier Houses: There was an earlier house on, or near, the site of the 18th century house.

    House Replaced By: Sir John Wrightson demolished the 18th century house in 1970 and replaced it with a smaller house designed by Sir Martyn Beckett.

  • Architect: John Dobson

    Date: 1834-37
    Designed: Extensions to House for Colonel Cookson

    View all houses

    Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: 1904
    Designed: Music Room

    View all houses
  • Title: Lost Houses of County Durham
    Author: Meadows, Peter; Waterson, Edward
    Year Published: 1993
    Publisher: Yorkshire: Jill Raines
    ISBN: 0951649418
    Book Type: Softback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Destroyed

  • Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Sir William Blackett, 17th century. Charles Turner, late 17th century. SEATED AT 18TH CENTURY HOUSE: Turner family, until the end of the 18th century. James Cookson, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No