DiCamillo Companion

Moreton Hall (St. Edmund's Hill) (The Mount)

  • Built / Designed For: Professor John Symonds

    House & Family History: The house was called St. Edmund's Hill when it was built; the name was later changed to The Mount, and, finally, to Moreton Hall, when it became a school in 1962. Moreton Hall Preparatory School permanently closed in June of 2020.

  • Architect: Robert Adam

    Date: 1773-76
    Designed: House for Professor John Symonds

    View all houses
  • House Listed: Grade II*

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Professor John Symonds, 18th century.

    Current Ownership Type: School

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Unoccupied

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No