DiCamillo Companion

Monzie Castle

  • Earlier Houses: The original house was built in 1791, destroyed by fire in 1908, and rebuilt and furnished by Sir Robert Lorimer in the early 20th century.

  • Architect: John Paterson

    Date: Circa 1785-90
    Designed: Additions

    View all houses

    Architect: Robert Stodart Lorimer

    Date: 1908-12
    Designed: Rebuilt House after 1908 fire

    View all houses
  • John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, p. 123, 1855.

    John Preston (J.P.) Neale, published under the title of Views of the Seats of Noblemen and Gentlemen in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. VI, 1823. Scotland, 1830.

  • House Listed: Category A

    Park Listed: Designated Garden & Designed Landscape

  • Current Seat / Home of: Crichton family

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Phone: 01764-653-110

    Email: info@monzieestate.com

    Website: http://monzieestate.com

    Historic Houses Member: Yes