DiCamillo Companion
England

Melbourn Bury

  • Earlier Houses: Melbourn Bury was originally given to Dean and Chapter of Ely in 1541. Parts of an earlier 17th century house was incorporated into current house.

    House & Family History: The House was given to Dean and Chapter of Ely in 1541, whose dissolution in 1650 prompted the sale of the House. Other owners include Sir Stanley Fordham. Armitage made major alterations in the 1880s.

  • Architect: George Faulkner Armitage

    Date: 1880s
    Designed: Alterations to House

    View all houses
  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Not Listed

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Sir Alfred Stanley Fordham, until 1981.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No