House & Family History: The Pemberton family ceased to reside at Low Barnes by the end of the 19th century, during which time the House was let to a laundry company. In the 1920s, when the Pembertons sold up, the name of the House was changed from Low Barnes to Barnes Park. A bowling green has replaced the House.
Garden & Outbuildings: Gatepiers and a derelict cottage survive.
Architect: Thomas MooreDate: 19th century
Title: Lost Houses of County Durham
Author: Meadows, Peter; Waterson, Edward
Year Published: 1993
Publisher: Yorkshire: Jill Raines
Book Type: Softback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: Pemberton family, 1783-1920s.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No