DiCamillo Companion

Locko Park (Locko Hall)

  • Earlier Houses: The current house was built on, or near, the site of a 13th century hospital of the Order of St. Lazarus of Jerusalem. The order was dedicated to the care of lepers, thus the name Locko derives from the old French word for rags: loques.

    Collections: Bernardo Daddi's "St. Catherine of Alexandria" was sold at Sotheby's on December 12, 1990 for £352,000.

  • Architect: William Eames (Emes)

    Date: 1792
    Designed: Landscaping for William Drury-Lowe

    View all houses

    Architect: John Webb

    Date: 1790s
    Designed: Took over work from his partner, William Eames, and designed the 16-acre lake.

    View all houses

    Architect: Henry Isaac Stevens

    Date: 1853-56 & 1861-64
    Designed: Substantial additions to the House, including West Range.

    View all houses

    Architect: Francis Smith

    Date: Circa 1725-30
    Designed: House for Robert Ferne
    (Attribution of this work is uncertain)
    View all houses
  • John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, p. 6, 1855.

    Country Life: CXLV, 1438, 1506, 1602, 1969.

  • Title: Smith of Warwick: Francis Smith, Architect and Master-Builder
    Author: Gomme, Andor
    Year Published: 2000
    Reference: pg. 166
    Publisher: Lincolnshire: Shaun Tyas
    ISBN: 1900289385
    Book Type: Hardback

    Title: Disintegration of a Heritage: Country Houses and their Collections, 1979-1992, The
    Author: Sayer, Michael
    Year Published: 1993
    Publisher: Norfolk: Michael Russell (Publishing)
    ISBN: 0859551970
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Grade II

    Park Listed: Grade II

  • Current Seat / Home of: Lucy Palmer; Drury-Lowe family here since 1747.

    Past Seat / Home of: William Gilbert, 16th century. William Byrde, 16th century. Robert Ferne, 18th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

    Ownership Details: The House is available for weddings and conferences.

  • House Open to Public: By Appointment

    Phone: 01332-662-785

    Fax: 01332-281-943

    Email: office@lockopark.co.uk

    Website: http://www.lockopark.co.uk

    Historic Houses Member: No