DiCamillo Companion

Lee Priory

  • House & Family History: The Strawberry Room from Lee Priory, made 1783-94 for Thomas Barrett, is today in the collection of the Victoria & Albert Museum, London.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The mid-19th century former Stables, and a former outbuilding, today called Lee House, all extant, Grade II-listed, and designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott.

  • Architect: James Wyatt

    Date: Circa 1785
    Designed: House

    View all houses

    Architect: George Gilbert Scott

    Date: Circa 1860
    Designed: Stables (converted to garden cottages) and Lee House, former Priory outbuilding.

    View all houses
  • John Preston (J.P.) Neale, published under the title of Views of the Seats of Noblemen and Gentlemen in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, 1825.

    Country Life: CXI, 1665, 1952.

  • Title: Classical Architecture in Britain: The Heroic Age
    Author: Worsley, Giles
    Year Published: 1995
    Reference: pg. 311
    Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press (The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art)
    ISBN: 0300058969
    Book Type: Hardback

    Title: No Voice From the Hall: Early Memories of a Country House Snooper
    Author: Harris, John
    Year Published: 1998
    Publisher: London: John Murray
    ISBN: 0719555671
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Thomas Barrett, 18th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No