DiCamillo Companion

Lawers House

  • Architect: William Adam Sr.

    Date: 1724-26
    Designed: Rebuilt House for Colonel Sir James Campbell

    View all houses

    Architect: Richard Crichton

    Date: Circa 1815
    Designed: Remodeled exterior for David Williamson, Lord Balgray.

    View all houses
  • Vitruvius Scoticus: Adam, W., pls. 158, 159, 1810.

    John Preston (J.P.) Neale, published under the title of Views of the Seats of Noblemen and Gentlemen in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. VI, 1823. Scotland, 1830.

    Country Life: LVIII, 550 plan, 1925.

  • Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - SOFTBACK
    Author: Colvin, Howard
    Year Published: 1995
    Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
    ISBN: 0300072074
    Book Type: Softback

  • House Listed: Category A

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Colonel Sir James Campbell, 18th century. David Williamson, Lord Balgray, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Government

    Primary Current Ownership Use: School

    Ownership Details: Owned by Perth County Council and used as a school of agriculture.

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No