DiCamillo Companion

Kinnordy House

  • Earlier Houses: There was an earlier house on the site, parts of which were incorporated into the current house.

    House & Family History: An ancestor of the current Lord Lyell financed Charles Darwin's voyage on "The Beagle."

  • Architect: James Maitland Wardrop

    Date: 1881
    Designed: Rebuilt House for Leonard Lyell

    View all houses
  • Title: Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage, 1990
    Author: Kidd, Charles; Williamson, David (Editors)
    Year Published: 1990
    Reference: pg. P 782
    Publisher: London: Debrett's Peerage Limited (New York: St. Martin's Press, Inc.)
    ISBN: 0312046405
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Category B

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Current Seat / Home of: Patrick and Mary Gifford

    Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Sir John Ogilvy, 18th century. Charles Lyell, 18th century; Sir Charles Lyell, 1st Bt., 19th century; Leonard Lyell, late 19th century. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Charles Lyell, 3rd Baron Lyell, until 2017.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Phone: 01575-572-665

    Email: office@kinnordy.com

    Website: http://www.kinnordy.com

    Historic Houses Member: No