Built / Designed For: Hugh de Lacy
House & Family History: Killeen is noted for its Gothick Hall and staircase. The House was burned by the IRA in 1981 and restored in the 1990s as a private golf club.
Architect: Francis JohnstonDate: 1803-13
Title: Big House in Ireland, The
Author: Pakenham, Valerie
Year Published: 2001
Reference: pg. 176
Publisher: London: Cassell Paperbacks
Book Type: Softback
House Listed: Unknown
Park Listed: Unknown
Past Seat / Home of: Hugh de Lacy, 12th century. Geoffrey de Cusack, 12th century; De Cusack family here from 1172 until 1403. Christopher Plunkett, 1st Baron of Dunsany, 15th century; Arthur James Plunket, 7th Earl of Fingall, 18th century; Fingall family here from 1403 until 1951. Sir Victor Sassoon, 1951-61. Daniel Wildenstein, 1963-78. Basil Brindley, 1978-81.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: Country Club / Golf Club
Ownership Details: Owned by Snowbury Ltd. since 1997 and operated by them as a private golf club.
House Open to Public: Grounds Only - By Appointment
Historic Houses Member: No