Built / Designed For: John Pepys
House & Family History: The House was built in 1579, and was remodelled circa 1725. The Pepys family owned the House since its creation until 1805.
Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Not Listed
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: John Pepys, 16th century; Pepys family here from 1579 until 1805.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: Unknown
Ownership Details: Property of Chivers Farms Limited, who demolished all but the shell of the house to build a grain-drying and storage plant.
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No