DiCamillo Companion
England

Havering Park

  • Earlier Houses: .

    House & Family History: Havering had been an English royal residence since the 12th century. The House was ruinous by 1596 and was little used by the Stuarts. David McIntosh purchased the Estate in 1828 and rebuilt the House after 1849. Havering Park was demolished in 1938.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The Park was purchased by the Greater London Council and opened to the public in 1975; in 1986 ownership of the Park was transferred to Havering Council.

  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: David McIntosh, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Other

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Public Park

    Ownership Details: Estate now a public park called Havering New Park.

  • House Open to Public: Grounds Only

    Historic Houses Member: No