Built / Designed For: 1st Viscount Harcourt
House & Family History: The interior Athenian Stuart executed at Harcourt House was his first London commission (predating his more famous interiors at Spencer House) and an important early Greek style Neoclassical work. Compared to the Harcourt House at the opposite end of Cavendish Square (aka Bingley House, or 19 Cavendish Square), this was an earlier, smaller house that sat on the east side (at No. 1) of the Square. The House was mostly demolished in the 1930s; the remaining Grade II-listed fragment of the House, today called Flanders House, has been home to Flemish delegation of the Belgian Embassy since 2003.
Architect: Francis SmithDate: 1722-26
Architect: Edward WilcoxDate: 1721
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat of: Simon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt, early 18th century; Simon Harcourt, 1st Earl Harcourt, mid-18th century. Sir Claude Scott, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: Offices
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No