Built / Designed For: Seafield family
House & Family History: Until 1996 Grant Lodge was the home of the local library service, after which it was used as a storage facility for Moray's historic records. In 2003 the House was damaged by fire and it has remained boarded up and abandoned ever since. Grant Lodge is listed on the Buildings At Risk Register for Scotland.
Garden & Outbuildings: The grounds of Grant Lodge were gifted to the town of Elgin by Col. George Cooper for use as a public park. Cooper Park opened to the public in August of 1903.
House Listed: Category B
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Seafield family, 18th century. Colonel George A. Cooper, late 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Government
Primary Current Ownership Use: Public Park
Ownership Details: Grant Lodge sits in Cooper Park, a public park owned and operated by Moray Council.