The House from a circa 1910 postcard
Earlier Houses: An earlier house was demolished in the 1820s to make way for the 1827 house.
Built / Designed For: Sir Archibald Campbell, 2nd Bt.
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, p. 11, 1855.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT FIRST HOUSE: Humphrey Colquhoun, 17th century; Colquhoun family here since 1558. Sir Ilay Campbell, 1st Bt., 18th-19th centuries. SEATED AT 19TH CENTURY HOUSE: Sir Archibald Campbell, 2nd Bt., 1827-46; Sir Archibald Ilay Campbell, 3rd Bt., 1846-66; Sir George Campbell, 4th Bt., 1866-74; Sir Archibald Spencer Lindsay Campbell, 5th Bt., 1874-1939.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No