A hand-colored 1843 engraving of the the second house (built circa 1754 and demolished circa 1860) from "Forfarshire Illustrated"
Earlier Houses: The 18th century house that is the primary subject of this record replaced a 16th century house on the site, which itself replaced a church.
House Replaced By: Circa 1860-61 the 18th century house was demolished and replaced by a new house. This 19th century house was mostly demolished in the 1950s (the ruins of the foundations are extant).
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSES: Fotheringham family, 16th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No