DiCamillo Companion
DiCamillo Griffin Logo
England

Fernhill Hall

  • Built / Designed For: Lovett family

    House & Family History: A handsome small Greek Revival house of local Cefn stone that stands at the heart of its leafy park, Fernhill was built in the 19th century for the Lovett family, who made their money from the lead mines of South Shropshire. Designed by the Shrewsbury architect Edward Haycock – who had trained under Sir Jeffry Wyatville, the architect who reinvented Windsor Castle for George IV – the House contains a sequence of well-proportioned rooms arranged around an elegant top-lit staircase that climbs around three walls of its well. Today Fernhill is the home of Charles and Veronica Lillis, who have undertaken a significant amount of restoration work to the structure of the building. (We are most grateful to Gareth Williams for this history of Fernhill).

  • Architect: Edward Haycock Sr.

    Date: 1820-30
    Designed: House for the Lovett family

    View all houses
  • House Listed: Grade II

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Current Seat / Home of: Charles and Veronica Lillis

    Past Seat / Home of: Lovett family.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No

VISIT AND HELP PRESERVE HISTORIC BRITISH HOUSES

Help preserve Britain’s privately owned country houses by joining Historic Houses. Use code DICAM7 for a £7 discount off a new membership that will give you access to hundreds of historic houses.

Join Now