Built / Designed For: Shepherd family
House & Family History: Andrew Jelfe designed the House circa 1734. The left extension was added by Philip Webb circa 1895. In 1948 the Glanely family donated Exning House to the local council for use as a residential home. In 1993 the Glanely family re-purchased the House and developed it for multi-family use.
Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Capt. E. Baird, 19th century. Shepherd family, 18th century. William James Tatem, 1st Baron Glanely, 19th-20th centuries. Gibson family.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Flats / Multi Family
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No