The House from a circa 1918 postcard
Earlier Houses: An earlier 16th century house of the Boys family, parts of which were incorporated into the current house, was on the site.
Built / Designed For: Sir Samuel Egerton Brydges
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, p. 209, 1855.
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Boys family, 16th century. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Sir Samuel Egerton Brydges, 18th-19th centuries. Willats family, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No