House & Family History: Crook Hall was similar to demolished houses such as Green Croft Hall, Lanchester, and Helmington Hall, Willingdon. During the French Revolutionary Wars the House was used as a Roman Catholic seminary for professors and students from Douai. After Crook Hall was demolished in 1900 the stone was purchased by George Neasham to use in his House, West Park, near Lanchester.
Title: Lost Houses of County Durham
Author: Meadows, Peter; Waterson, Edward
Year Published: 1993
Publisher: Yorkshire: Jill Raines
Book Type: Softback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: Shafto family, 1588 until circa 1640. Baker family, circa 1640 until 1790s.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No