Built / Designed For: The Rev. G.G. Hunter
House & Family History: Cranfield was built 1862-64 to the designs of Thomas Hine for The Rev. G.G. Hunter. In the early 1920s it was bought by Mr. R.E. Campbell, and, after his death, was used for a few years as a girls' school. Afterward it became derelict and was acquired for development by Messrs. Ward and Son of Bedford. Cranfield was demolished in 1934, except for the servants' quarters, which were converted into a house, which still stands.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: The Rev. G.G. Hunter, 19th century. Hatfield Harter, early 20th century. Mr. R.E. Campbell, 1920s.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No