DiCamillo Companion

Cote House

  • House & Family History: Cote was demolished in 1925 to make way for St. Monica's Home, a hospital. A watercolor of Cote House by J.M.W. Turner, circa 1791, is today in the collection of the Cecil Higgins Art Gallery, Bedford.

  • Title: Country Houses of Gloucestershire: Volume Two, 1660-1830, The
    Author: Kingsley, Nicholas
    Year Published: 1992
    Reference: pgs. 109-110
    Publisher: Sussex: Phillimore & Co. Ltd.
    ISBN: 0850338069
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Destroyed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Fowler family. William Phelps, mid-18th century. John Thomas, mid-18th century. Captain John Webb, M.P., late 18th century. John Wedgwood, 1797-1806. Ames family, 1825-1923.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No