The House from an 1880 print
Earlier Houses: There was an earlier house on the site (East Hall Manor), parts of which were incorporated into the current house.
Built / Designed For: Henry Boldero-Barnard
House & Family History: Lewyns Boldero-Barnard purchased the Cave Castle Estate (then called East Hall Manor) in the mid-18th century. His son, Henry Boldero-Barnard, rebuilt the House in the early 19th century.
Collections: A painting of Cave Castle, circa late 1780s, by William Burgess was sold from the collection of Ven House by Christie's June 21-22, 1999 for £18,400.
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II. p. 135, 1855.
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Lewyns Boldero-Barnard, 18th century. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Henry Boldero-Barnard, early 19th century; Charles Boldero-Barnard, late 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: Hotel
Ownership Details: Today Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
House Open to Public: By Appointment
Historic Houses Member: No