DiCamillo Companion

Burgh Hall

  • Earlier Houses: An earlier 1825 house was either replaced by the current House or extensively incorporated into it.

    Built / Designed For: James Hunt Holley

    House & Family History: George Stanley Repton designed the House between 1849 and 1850. The Kerrison family purchased the House in 1901 and continue to own the Estate today.

  • Architect: George Stanley Repton

    Date: 1849-50
    Designed: House

    View all houses
  • John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. II, p. 217, 1853.

  • Title: Disintegration of a Heritage: Country Houses and their Collections, 1979-1992, The
    Author: Sayer, Michael
    Year Published: 1993
    Publisher: Norfolk: Michael Russell (Publishing)
    ISBN: 0859551970
    Book Type: Hardback

    Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Destroyed

  • Current Seat / Home of: Kerrison family; here since 1901.

    Past Seat / Home of: James Hunt Holley, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No