The House from a circa 1899 postcard
Built / Designed For: Major Acrhibald Campbell
House & Family History: Blythswood contained a well-known physics laboratory that was used from 1892 until 1905 to experiment with cathode rays, x-rays, spectroscopy, and radioactivity.
John Preston (J.P.) Neale, published under the title of Views of the Seats of Noblemen and Gentlemen in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. III, 1826. Scotland, 1830.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: Major Archibald Campbell, 19th century. Archibald Douglas, 19th century. Barrington Sholto Douglas Campbell/Campbell, 5th Baron Blythswood, 20th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No